ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS CONCERNED WITH TEENAGE PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH

Monday, February 1, 2010

MY FATHER DRINKS DAILY.WHEN I DRINK HE GETS ANGRY


QUESTION

My father drinks daily. He has set up a mini bar in our house.Every weekend he invites his business friends and serves alcohol.I am familiar with his favourite brands.I developed a taste in drinking.I too boozes regularly with my friends out side.One day he caught me in a drunken state and beaten me very harshly for that. My mom came for my rescue,and he pushed her down.I became very angry after the incident,and start boozing more.I am very upset.I am not attending school now.I attended your emotional management programme recently.Please guide me.I cry a lot because I have learnt this habit only from my father.

ANSWER

Children learn many things from their parents.Parents are their first teachers.Children watches the activities of their parents very closely.You confess that your father is responsible for developing this bad habit in you.I really appreciate your bold statement.It is too difficult for you to advise your father to change his old habits.Please understand that if you drink alcohol,it will interfere with your brain development,because you are a very young boy.You can not concentrate well in studies.You may even loose your co-ordination in your day to day activities.

I appreciate that you have asked this question.Tell your mother and also some respected members of your family to guide your father in this regard.You can tell this matter to your family doctor also,so that he may advise your father in this regard.Unless your father changes himself for the best,and adopt himself to become a better role model for you to follow,he has no moral right to punish you in this regard.As you are the elder son of the family you have certain responsibility on your young shoulders.When elders do wrong things,youngsters need not wait and watch things silently.As a new age youngster you too can take some harsh measures to correct the bad habits of the elders even if they happened to be your parents.Please consult a family psychotherapist in this regad.Once again I appreciate your very honest and an upright question.

No comments:

Post a Comment