ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS CONCERNED WITH TEENAGE PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS


A QUESTION FROM A TEENAGE STUDENT

Sir,

I have attended the training programme you have conducted in our school recently for students.

My parents are doctors, working in a government hospital.I am the only child of my parents. I am sixteen years old.Eventhough I study in a good school,I find it difficult to concentrate in my studies.I am a bit below average in exams.Parents and my teachers curse me always.I find it miserable to live in my house.I have more interest in music and dance programmes.I have more interest in keyboard.I joined a music group recently.This makes my parents more angry with me.They want me to become a doctor like them.I am confused,it is too difficul for me to study medicine and I am not prepared for it.Please help me.


ANSWER

I understand your problem.As a doctor, like your parents I can advise you to prepare yourself

to pursue a course in medicine.It needs a lot of preparation from your side.Securing high grades in final examintion is very important to get admission in a good medical college.You say that you are below average student and have more interest in music and dance.If you have real interest in music and you think that you have real talent in music you should prove this atleast to your parents and get their whole hearted support.After all, music is also a good profession like medicine.You should understand that academic intelligence has nothing to do with success in life.The ability to motivate onself,the ability to face difficulties in life,to control impulses,to control your moods and to regulate your emotions are more important to succeed in life.A high IQ is no gaurentee of wealth,power,fame or happiness in life.You are very young but your question is very intelligent.Try to convince your parents.Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment